Sugar cane plant has acquired numerous sanskrit names for its sweetness and appearance. Our Ayurveda acharyas praise the medicinal properties and health benefits of Sugarcane as follows.
Ikshavo raktapittaghnaa balyaa vrishyaa kaphapradaaha |
Swaadupaakarasaaha snigdhaha guravo mutralaha himaha ||
Raktapittaghna:- Sugar cane has the properties of normalizing vitiation of blood and pitta (bile). It rejuvenates liver. Because of this property it is widely used in treating jaundice. It is, however, very essential that the juice, must be clean and devoid of micro organisms.
Balya: The sugar cane juice instantly energizes our body and provides strength. Sugar cane is rich in iron and carbohydrates. Hence it boosts energy straight away.
Vrishya: It acts as an aphrodisiac and increases libido, increases sperm count . It also helps in rectifying erectile dysfunction.
Kaphapradaha: It increases kapha and helps in expectoration of it in cough.
Mutrala: It acts as a diuretic and helps in detoxifying kidneys.
As it has sweet, heavy and cooling properties it increases shukra dhatu. Shukra dhatu is needed for male fertility. When shukra dhatu increases it increases sperm count, sperm motility. Healthy shukra dhatu helps to reduce erectile dysfunction and impotence. Sugarcane juice also increases lactation in nursing mothers. It helps in relieving constipation.
Sugary facts about sugarcane
• The juiciest and sweetest sugarcane is the tropical green sugar cane.
• It strengthens stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain and sex organs.
• The sugarcane can be used as simple energizer and protein supplement in infectious fevers.
• It acts as an instant energizer and supplies body with instant glucose.Sugarcane is rich in iron and carbohydrate.
• Sugarcane juice mixed with lemon and ginger juice helps in easy flow of urine
• Pure sugarcane juice which is devoid of micro organisms is very beneficial in jaundice.
• Chewing sugarcane and sucking its juice help to strengthen the teeth and gums.
• People who are under weight are benefited by this. This helps to gain healthy weight
Dr.Savitha Suri is an ayurvedic Consultant Physician. She has an experience of 26 years in the field of ayurveda. The content is copyrighted to Dr.Savitha Suri and may not be reproduced on other websites. You can contact her for free online ayurvedic consultations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Dr. Savitha Suri on Google Plus