Texts of ayurveda explain ayurvedic remedies or treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. While describing ayurveda remedy for Impotence or claibya ayurveda acharyas suggest various herbs and home remedies.Check here for ayurvedic treatment for erectile dysfunction in and around Bangalore , India .
Read This Article in Hindi हिंदी में स्तम्भन दोष -(Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Hindi)
Ayurveda Definition of Erectile dysfunction or Impotence or ED
According to modern terms and definitions Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for his sexual needs or the needs of his partner. Erectile dysfunction is sometimes called as “impotence”. The term “erectile dysfunction” can mean the inability to achieve erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or the ability to achieve only brief erections.
But Texts of Ayurveda define Erectile dysfunction or ED as follows.
Sankalpapravano nityam priyaam vashyaamapi sthreeyam ||
na yaathi lingashaithilyaath kadaachidyaathi vaa yadi |
Shwaasaarthaha swinnagaatrshcha moghasankalpacheshtitaha ||
mlaanashishnashcha nirbeejaha syodetat klaibyalaxanam |
This means even though a man has a strong desire to perform sexual act with a cooperative partner , he cannot perform sexual act because of looseness (absence of erection ) of his phallus ( penis). Even if he performs sexual act with his determined efforts he does not get erection and gets afflicted with tiredness, perspiration and frustration to perform sex
A brief look into Anatomy of Penis and Physiology of erection
Before knowing about erectile dysfunction, it is very important to know about anatomy of penis and physiology of erection.
Anatomy of Penis :
Penis has two chambers. The two chambers of penis (corpora cavernosa,) which run throughout the organ are filled with spongy tissue called corpora cavernosa. Penis also has another spongy tissue called the corpus spongiosum which surrounds urethra and run through the length of penis. The corpora cavernosa are surrounded by a membrane, called the tunica albuginea. The spongy tissue contains smooth muscles, fibrous tissues, spaces, veins, and arteries. The urethra, which is the channel for urine and semen runs along underside of the corpora cavernosa surrounded by corpus spongiosum.
The physiology of erection :
The process of erection due to a sequence of transfer of signals from sensory organs to brain, nerves and nerve endings. Due to sensory or mental stimulation, or both, the erection begins. Due to impulses from brain and local nerves the muscles of corpora cavernosa relax and allow blood to flow in and fill the spaces of spongy tissue. The flow of blood creates pressure in the corpora cavernosa, making the penis expand. The tunica albuginea helps to trap the blood in the chambers, there by sustaining erection. When muscles in the penis contract to stop the inflow of blood and open outflow channels, erection subsides or recedes. The erectile dysfunction treatment in ayurveda involves strengthening the muscles and veins of penis by providing proper nourishment and massaging penis with ayurvedic oil ( Read Stallion Ayurvedic Oil for Pennis Massage and Best Ayurvedic Massage Oil for Erectile Dysfunction )
How texts of Ayurveda explain physiology of erection ?
Before knowing about ED or Impotence It is important to know about physiology of erection based on principles of ayurveda
In texts of Ayurveda ayurveda physiology of erection and ejaculation is described as follows
Vrishunow basthimedram cha naabhyuuru vankshnow gudam|
Apaanasthaanamantrasthaha shukra mootra shakrunti cha||
Vayu or Vata is one of the three doshas or vital energetic forces. Vayu dosha imparts all movements in body. It may be a physical movement of external organs, internal organs, body fluids or movement of signals in brain, spinal cord or nerves. Acharyas define 5 types of vayu. These are
- Prana vayu
- Vyana vayu
- Udana vayu
- Samana vayu
- Apaana vayu
The “apaanavayu” one of the five types of vayu is located in the testicles, urinary bladder, urethra, prostate gland, seminal vesicles, phallus, umbilicus, thighs, groin, anus and colon. This means it is present in all organs of pelvis or lower abdomen. Its functions are ejaculation of semen, voiding of urine and stools. In women it stimulates menstrual flow and vaginal secretions.
Vitiation or Imbalance of apanavayu also causes constipation. Constipation leads to erectile dysfunction. Hence balancing vayu and apanavayu is one of the best remedy for erectile dysfunction in ayurveda. ( Read Can Constipation cause erectile dysfunction? )
Shushruta explains the process of erection and ejaculation as “ When a man has desire (iccha) to have sex, his response to touch, visual, hearing and smell increases. The vayu located in these sensory organs causes flow of signals to brain. This causes arousal or “harsha” . Arousal or Harsha intensifies actions of vayu and at this moment highly active vayu liberates the “teja “or heat of pitta. Thus tejas and vayu increase body temperature , heart beat and blood flow causing erection.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction as explained in Ayurveda- Ayurvedic Causes
Disruption in sequence of events :
Erection requires a sequence of events. Erectile dysfunction can occur when any of the events is disturbed. Nerve impulses in the brain, spinal column, around the penis and response in muscles, fibrous tissues, veins, and arteries in and around the corpora cavernosa constitute this sequence of events. Injury to any of these parts which are part of this sequence ( nerves, arteries, smooth muscles, fibrous tissue ) can cause ED.
Age of Men:
Ayurveda describes the cause of impotence or erectile dysfunction due to old age as follows. ” diminution of – tissue elements, strength, energy, span of life, inability to take nourishing food, physical and mental fatigue lead to impotence”
Lowered level of male hormone:
After the age of 40, a man’s testosterone level gradually declines. About 5% of men that doctors see for erectile dysfunction have low testosterone levels. (Read Natural ways to increase testosterone ). In many of these cases, low testosterone causes lower sexual interest, not erectile dysfunction.
Injury to testicles can also cause low testosterone level.
Testicles are prone to injury as they are suspended outside the abdomen. Bicycle riding or driving a motor bike in bumpy roads can also cause injury to testicles. Injury to both testicles can reduce the production of androgens or male hormone. The impotence or claibya which arises due to testicular injury is known as bijobaghataja claibya. Overheating of testicles can also reduce testosterone
Infection of testicles:
If mumps infection during adolescence or early adult hood involves testicles it may affect the production this hormone
The treatments for cancers like chemotherapy or radiation therapy may temporarily cause reduction of hormone levels. But sometimes it may become permanent.
Chronic kidney related diseases, Cirrhosis of liver, Sarcoidosis, chronic illness etc can also cause low male hormone levels .
Corticosteroid medications and medicines used to treat prostate cancer can cause lowered testosterone level.
Apart from the above mentioned reasons alcoholism, stress, insufficient exercise, obesity and a poor diet which is not rich in nutrients can also cause lowered androgen levels.
How Ayurveda Explains Testosterone ?
We all know that the whole male or female body responds to testosterone. Male body responds more. Women too have testosterone in their body which is not significant. But when testosterone increases in women it causes PCOS or PCOD. (Read Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-PCOS-An Ayurveda View )
Even sushruta has illustrated about this response of body to the element “Shukra” . He has said
“yatha payasi sarpistu goodashchekshow raso yatha shareereshu tatha shukram nrinaam vidyaadhbishagwara”
This means , The shukra dhatu ( the element which helps in reproduction) is present all over the body . The presence of shukra dhatu all over body is very beautifully explained by acharyas with the following examples.
- The ghee is present in milk in an invisible form. This is extracted from milk using many processes like extracting cream, seeding it with curd, churning to extract butter, heating butter to extract ghee. ( Read ayurveda Health Benefits of Ghee)
- The sugar is present all over the sugarcane ( read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Sugar Cane) . It is extracted by subjecting the sugarcane to number of processes like extracting juice, boiling it to obtain sugar crystals or Jaggery (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Jaggery ).
Same way shukra dhatu is present all over the body. But the cream of shukra dhatu is the semen which comes out of the body only during the process of ejaculation. But this process of ejaculation needs a joyful union of mind and body.
Decrease in production of “Shukra dhatu” causes erectile dysfunction. Hence best ayurvedic treatment for erectile dysfunction is to strengthen shukra dhatu in men.
Physical or Mental tiredness or over exertion –
Working for long hours in office, exercising in gym or outdoors for long hours, mental stress at office or home, short temperedness ,insufficient sleep or insomnia (Read Ayurvedic remedies for Insomnia ) all these can cause erectile dysfunction in men. Sexual abuse in childhood or in adults can also cause impotence.
Ayurveda acharyas explain these causes as “shoka chintaa, bhaya, traasaat …. “ which means that erectile dysfunction or Impotence occurs due to grief, fear, anxiety and terror. Hence ayurveda vaidyas recommend yoga and meditation as as one of the ayurvedic remedies for erectile dysfunction.
Strained relationship with sexual partner:
Mutual consent and involvement of both partners are very essential for a long lasting healthy sexual relationship. Erectile dysfunction also occurs when there is a disliking towards sexual partner. Ayurveda describes this as “naarinaamarasamjnatwaat…” means disliking for women. Loss of interest occurs when anyone of the partners develops disliking towards the other. Ayurveda acharyas opine that role of each partner should be like a vajikarana dravya or aphrodisiac to each other.
Diseases that cause Erectile dysfunction:
The following diseases can cause erectile dysfunction or impotence.
- Neurological disorders,
- Parkinson’s disease,
- Endocrine disorders,
- Diabetes, (Read Natural Ayurvedic Treatment for erectile dysfunction in Diabetes)
- Obesity, (Read Ayurveda remedies or treatment for obesity )
- Diseases related to cardiovascular system
- Lack of minerals and nutrients.
According to ayurveda the diseases which cause erectile dysfunction are “Hritpaandurogatamakakaamalashrama…” – Heart diseases , anaemia , asthma , liver disorders , tiredness . Apart from these the imbalance in tridoshas also cause impotence or erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction ayurvedic remedies include controlling obesity, keeping the heart healthy, consuming healthy foods, balancing doshas and preventing diabetes.
Consumption of medicines, drugs and tobacco:
Using medicines like antidepressants, tranquilizers, statins and antihypertensive medicines for a long time can cause Impotence.
Addiction to tobacco in any form especially smoking causes erectile dysfunction . Smoking is one of the major reason for Impotence. Hence quitting tobacco or smoking is the first line of treatment for ED which occurs in tobacco consumers and smokers.
Excessive consumption of alcohol also causes erectile dysfunction. A small quantity of alcohol can act as a stimulant. But consuming it in excess leads to sexual dysfunction. Apart from this alcohol damages liver which in turn negatively affects sexual function.
Addiction to cocaine, heroin and marijuana also causes erectile dysfunction.
In ayurveda texts these causes have been said in brief as “rukshamannapaanam tathoushadham” – “dry food , drinks and medicines” cause impotence or erectile dysfunction.
Trauma to pelvic region and external genital organs:
Accidental injury to pelvic region or external genital organ and surgeries for the conditions of prostate, bladder, colon, or rectal area may lead to erectile dysfunction. Even spinal surgeries may cause ED. Trauma to testicles due to bicycle riding can also cause ED.
These causes are mentioned as abhighata (trauma), shastradantanakhakshataha (injury from weapons, teeth and nail.) in ayurveda.
Best Ayurvedic Treatment or Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Vajikarana Therapy :According to ayurvedic texts ED or Impotence is treatable at any age. Ayurveda acharyas recommend a total treatment for Erectile Dysfunction as “ Vajikarana Therapy “ . This therapy incudes various Vajikara or aphrodisiac herbal preparations. These Vajikara preparations are natural and contain Vajikara herbs like
- ashwagandha ,
- Shatavari ,
- Safed Musli ,
- Vidari kanda ,
- Mucuna or Kapikacchu ,
- Gokshura or Tribulus ,
- Amla or Indian gooseberry ,
- Guduchi or Giloy etc.
These preparations increase the strength of a man to perform sexual act, like a horse. Hence this therapy is called ‘Vaajikarana’. ( ‘ Vaaji’=Horse Karana =become like.)
What are the benefits of Vajikarana Therapy
Vajikarana therapy or herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction has the following benefits.
- It relieves the stress (Read Stress and erectile Dysfunction ) and increases the happiness from inside.
- This therapy nourishes the body tissues and imparts good strength and elevates body energy level.
- Herbs in Vajikarana Therapy preparations improve quality and quantity of semen. The health and volume of semen increases. The number of healthy sperms and their motility escalates. This boosts potency of men to produce healthy offspring.
- Ayurvedic Vajikarana therapy helps to increase duration of hard erection and also aids in preventing premature ejaculation. (Read What are the best ayurvedic medicines for ED and PE ? )
- Men who use this therapy rarely experience premature ejaculation.
- Herbs in this therapy increase Shukra dhatu.
- Texts of Ayurveda say that Men who use this therapy enjoy other benefits like healthy, glowing skin (Read 3 fruits for weight loss and glowing skin ), strong muscles, improved immunity and look attractive.
- But a strict healthy diet and lifestyle has to be followed while using this therapy and also after completion of course.
- This therapy can be repeated after consulting an experience qualified ayurvedic physician.
Eligibility for vajikarana therapy.
Ayurveda acharyas explain eligibility for Vajikarana Therapy
- Vajikarana therapy has to be administered only for men.
- Men above the age of 18 years and below the age of 70 years have to be considered. (Read What causes erectile dysfunction in young men and How to overcome Erectile Dysfunction in middle and old age )
- Boys below the of 18 years have under developed reproductive system. These should not be overloaded with nourishment as it may cause negative effects.
- Men above the age of 70 have fragile reproductive system. At this age various factors have to be taken into consideration before administering the therapy.
- Men with other health conditions like diabetes, obesity, hypertension etc have to strictly consult a qualified ayurvedic physician before taking this therapy.
- It is very essential to administer this therapy to men who have good moral and self-control.
As mentioned earlier some men get sexual dysfunction due to performance anxiety, depression and other mental illness. These have to be treated with psychologically based treatment procedures. The patient’s partner can help with the techniques, which include gradual development of intimacy and stimulation. Such techniques also can help relieve anxiety. Same treatment is illustrated in ayurveda. It has been said “A woman who understands a man and is liked by him, along with erotic environment act as best aphrodisiac. “.
Apart from the above therapy yoga, meditation also help in a great way to reduce anxiety and lower stress level.
Ayurveda acharyas also recommend various herbs which can be used as food for this condition of men. Vegetables, fruits, cereals, pulses also act as aphrodisiacs when used regularly.
Wheat and rice are best staple foods which provide energy.
These foods supply essential nutrients like carbohydrate, protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. These foods not only up the sexual energy but also improve quality and quantity of semen.
Sesame oil is best for body and penis massage . When this oil is processed with aphrodisiac herbs like ashwagandha, kapikacchu, shatavari and gokshura its effectiveness increases. These herbs are also praised as best ayurvedic herbs for erectile dysfunction.
Regular consumption of water is also very important. Along with normal water 7-8 glasses of warm water boost the body health.
Ayurveda acharyas recommend to include the above foods in daily diet. These help to keep the sexual energy up and help to enjoy the bed time .
Vyayama or exercises are very important to keep the blood circulation. Texts of Ayurveda recommend moderate exercises to keep up a good health. A brisk walk (read Benefits of walking for men suffering from impotence ) for 45 minutes daily is a very good moderate exercise. Sedentary life and stress are main contributors to plummeted sexual function.
Apart from medicines and treatment few exercises like Pelvic floor exercise, cardio exercise, aerobic exercises and yoga are recommended for Erectile Dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the common problems that affect many men, and it can be embarrassing and frustrating sometimes. This issue can be caused by many health conditions like diabetes (Read Erectile dysfunction in Diabetes ), heart disease, low testosterone (Read Natural ways to increase testosterone ), obesity (Read Relationship Between Obesity and Erectile Dysfunction ), hormonal fluctuations, psychological issues, nerve damage, and blood flow problems. A professor of urology in a university of medicine describes that, men with erectile dysfunction experience a situation whereby their penis is a barometer of their overall body condition.
Texts of Ayurveda quote avyayama or not exercising as the cause of klaibya or sexual dysfunction. Hence a good exercise for 45 minutes daily is recommended to keep the sexual life active.
Erectile dysfunction has often been treated with various medications from different systems of medicines. However, medication is not the only option for treating this problem. There are different exercises that have proved effective for erectile dysfunction remedy. A U.K study has shown that exercises such as pelvic exercises helped about 40% of men with erectile dysfunction recover from their ED and achieve healthy erection quality.
Pelvic muscle training has also been researched to help treat erectile dysfunction . This content will shed more light on these various exercises that have been studied to help erectile dysfunction conditions.
Exercises for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Regular exercises have been studied to help many health conditions and even overall body health. However, these below exercises will help men with erectile dysfunction:
- Pelvic floor exercises: These exercises would not only help men with ED but also serve as an excellent remedy for premature ejaculation and also strengthen orgasms as studied by researchers. Pelvic floor exercises can be carried out by locating and exercising the muscles involved in the exercise. It is a simple stop and start of urine mid-stream flow. Once these muscles have been located, tighten and draw-in the muscles, making them lift upward due to stress concentration on them.
- Sustain this for a count of five and release. Do this 8 – 10 times repeatedly but take a rest in between. Standard practice is to do 8 – 10 series and followed by 5 – 20 quick squeezes and releases. For the best result, it is recommended that the whole process should be carried out 4 – 5 times daily.
- Aerobic exercises: Erectile dysfunction has been linked to issues such as hypertension, obesity, as well as diabetes, which reduce the flow of blood to the penis. Aerobic exercises were studied and confirmed by The American Journal of Cardiology publish to help treat ED. They contribute to improving blood flow in the penis and overall body systems; thereby cure erectile dysfunction.
Examples of aerobic exercises are spinning, brisk walking, cardio machines, running, hiking, swimming, dancing, kickboxing, cross country skiing, and much more
- Cardiovascular exercise: Cardio exercise can be defined as any activity or movement that raises the rate of heartbeat; thereby increasing the circulation of blood to various organs and tissues of the body. Studies show that regular cardiovascular exercise benefits the body in many health conditions such as erectile dysfunction, improves muscles tone, lowers blood pressure, improve sleep, and boosts energy levels. Twenty to thirty minutes of cardio exercise of any form is recommended 4 to 5 times weekly to help cure erectile dysfunction.
- There are various choices of cardiovascular exercise that can help your erectile dysfunction condition, depending on the one you enjoy most:
- Brisk walking (Benefits of Daily Brisk Walking )
- Cross country skiing
- Use of an elliptical trainer
- Cycling for about 3 hours
- Yoga: According to researchers, one of the contributory factors to erectile dysfunction is stress. If your body and mind are disturbed, it can affect your sex drive in many forms. Exploring your body and mind connection through yoga is an excellent way to reduce stress and boost your sex organ erection.Yoga has been proven to improve the mental and physical health of the body by promoting healthy breathing and reduce any forms of tension in your body. Going for partnered yoga classes can help you get the correct yoga postures to aid the body in the circulation of blood to the pelvis and penis.
- Weight Training: Another way to solve erectile dysfunction problem is through weight training. This activity has been discovered to improve the endothelium function which is one of the causes of erectile dysfunction.The endothelium is the blood vessels inner lining, and this tissue can work optimally and healthy through weight training. Incorporating weight training with cardiovascular training enhances bone strength and muscle mass to aid body stability and lower blood pressure.
Though it is hidden and one may not know if another person has it, erectile dysfunction is still a common health condition which is caused by many health reasons. Inability to stand up to your partner’s request in bed is a serious concern that needs to be addressed and not hid. There is no point to be ashamed of sharing your problem and look for a solution to your erectile dysfunction. Many have spent a reasonable amount of money in finding a solution to this problem, not knowing it can be easily treated with a simple lifestyle change and exercises.
Remedies such as changing habits, routines, diets, as well as exercises are available as natural means of curing erectile dysfunction. Texts of Ayurveda recommend Vajikarana Therapy as an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction. This therapy includes preparations made of aphrodisiac herbs like ashwagandha, Gokshura (tribulus) , Kapikacchu (mucuna) , vidari kanda and many more.
However, this article has addressed the roles of exercises in treating erectile dysfunction. The key point to the treatment and prevention of erectile dysfunction is to ensure you keep your endothelium functional and healthy. Involving in physical exercises is the key to achieve this, and you will end up improving the health of your penis and heart at the same time. Try it and you will be glad you did.
Now Keeping Everything in Nutshell
The Ayurvedic remedy and treatment for erectile dysfunction are
- Consume herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
- Massage whole body with herbal oil (made from sesame oil) once in a week to get relief from exertion, stress and strengthen muscles.
- Practice Yoga and Meditation to get rid of stress, anxiety and to maintain cool temper.
- Get a good sleep of 8 hours at a stretch.
- Strictly say not to tobacco, recreational drugs and alcohol.
- Exercise daily for 45 minutes. Brisk walk is ideal for all ages.
- Avoid hot , spicy, oily and junk foods. Do not include aerated drinks or processed foods in your diet.
- Regularly consume foods mentioned earlier in this article.
- Never forget to add two tea spoons of ghee in your daily diet.
- Give a gap of 5 days between two consecutive intercourse.
BUY AYURVEDIC REMEDIES OR HERBS FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ED OR IMPOTENCE
Increase Erection Kit
|Increase Libido Kit
|Increase Sperm Kit
Diabetic vajikarana Therapy Combo
|Complete Vajikarana Therapy
Obesity and Erectile Dysfunction solution
Premature Ejaculation Ayurvedic Remedy
|Stallion Penis Massage Oil
|Rejuzoa Ayurvedic Capsules for Erectile Dysfunction
Gokshura (tribulus) capsules
Supraja Lehya to Increase sperm count
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
WhatsApp +91 6360108663