Texts of ayurveda explain ayurvedic medicines and treatment for ED and PE. Impotence is known as claibya in Ayurveda. Various herbs are recommended in texts of Ayurveda as cure for erectile dysfunction.
Read this article in Kannada ಪುರುಷರ ಲೈಂಗಿಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವ ಉಪಾಯಗಳು
The men health condition ED and PE are described in texts of ayurveda. Ayurveda acharyas have recommended best ayurvedic medicine and herbs for Erectile dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. These are safe to consume and usually do not show any side effects.
Internet is flooded with innumerable brands of various medicines for ED and PE. Surfers find themselves in a dilemma when these many brands are fighting. In this article we have tried to educate people about the best ayurvedic medicines and treatment for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. (ED and PE)
Table of Content
What is erectile dysfunction in Ayurveda ?
What are the causes of ED or impotence according to ayurveda ?
What are the Ayurvedic treatment for erectile dysfunction ?
What are the ayurvedic medicines for ED and PE ?
What are ayurvedic tips for erectile dysfunction ?
Related Ayurveda Articles about Erectile Dysfunction
What is erectile dysfunction in Ayurveda ?
According to modern terms and definitions Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for his sexual needs or the needs of his partner. Erectile dysfunction is sometimes called as “impotence”. The term “erectile dysfunction” can mean the inability to achieve erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or the ability to achieve only brief erections.
But Texts of Ayurveda define Erectile dysfunction or ED as follows.
This means “Even though a man has a strong desire or libido to perform sexual act with a cooperative partner , he cannot perform sexual act because of looseness (absence of erection ) of his phallus ( penis). Even if he performs sexual act with his determined efforts he does not get erection and gets afflicted with tiredness, perspiration and frustration to perform sex”.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction according to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda Impotence can be caused due to
- Old age – (jaraja claibya or impotence due to old age), Ayurveda acharyas have explained in detail about What Causes Erectile Dysfunction in Older Males ?
- Trauma or injury to pelvic region (shastraaghata or abhighata).
- Medicines, treatments and diseases (aushadha, chikitsa, roga).
- Reduction in quality and quantity of shukra dhatu (shukra kshaya)
- Stress and anxiety (chinta ). You can know more about stress and anxiety management through ayurveda. here
- Loss of interest in sexual partner.
- Physical exertion (shrama)
- Vata imbalance due to drugs, tobacco, alcohol . Read in detail about Relationship between vata imbalance and erectile dysfunction.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
Acharya charaka has explained various treatment methods to treat Impotence or Erectile dysfunction which arise due to different causes. Thus treatment is recommended after analysing type of Impotence. These treatment methods have been elaborated in “Chikitsa sthana”.
When impotence occurs due to reduction in quality and quantity of semen it is known as “Bhijopaghataja Klaibya”. When man suffers from undernourishment or malnourishment, the lack of nutrients in body, cause this type of sexual dysfunction. Ayurveda acharyas recommend replenishing these nutrients through ayurvedic herbal preparations.
When man suffers from sexually transmitted diseases, trauma etc the tissues of his reproductive organs may suffer injury. These injuries may lead to erectile dysfunction. This is known as “dhwajabhanga klaibya”. In this condition the injured part has to be treated with herbal pastes, herbal oils and the chronic diseases have to be addressed.
When erectile dysfunction is due to old age (“jaraja klaibya”), and then remedial measures have to be undertaken with rejuvenating herbs and herbal preparations.
Excessive indulgence in sexual activities like masturbation, repeated intercourses etc can also cause erectile dysfunction. Increased ejaculation of semen or shukra dhatu ( Ayurveda Definition of Shukra Dhatu (semen ) )leads to ED. This is known as “shukra kshyaja klaibya”. In this condition herbs which increase quality and quantity of semen have to be incorporated in treatment.
Best Ayurvedic Medicines for ED and PE
Texts of Ayurveda have grouped various herbs which have tremendous aphrodisiac properties as vajikara dravyas. These herbs do various functions and boost the stamina of men by nourishing shukra dhatu. Shukra dhatu plays a great role in keeping the male reproductive system healthy and normal. Any imbalance in this dhatu or tissue leads to impotence causing ED and PE. These herbs are used as ingredients of Vajikarana Rasayana and Ayurveda Vajikarana Therapy.
The following herbs, mentioned in CHARAKA and SUSHRUTA SAMHITA help to normalise and strengthen Shukra dhatu.
Best Ayurvedic Medicines and Herbs for Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
The herbs like
- Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Ashwagandha ) ,
- Shatavari ( Health Benefits and Uses of Shatavari – An Ayurveda View ),
- Bala (Sida cardifolia) (Ayurveda Medicinal properties of Bala (Sida Cordifolia) ),
- Amalaki (emblica officinalis) (Ayurveda Medicinal Properties and Uses of Amla ),
- Draksha (grapes) ( Ayurveda Medicinal Properties of Grapes ),
- Kapikacchu (mucuna pruriens) ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Kapikacchu- Mucuna Pruriens ),
- Shweta or safed musli ( Ayurveda Health Benefits, Uses of Safed Musli ), etc are useful in these types of erectile dysfunctions.
These herbs can be processed with sugar, ghee ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Ghee ) or milk (Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Milk – Dos and Don’ts ) to make the preparations more palatable and fortified. Honey is liberally added to enhance the medicinal properties of these preparations. Various herbal remedies for erectile dysfunction like “Ashwagandha ksheerapaka or ashwagandha milk (Ashwagandha Ksheerapaka – Moon Milk or Ashwagandha Milk Benefits)”, “vaajikarana milk (Vajikarana Milk With Long Pepper -An Ayurvedic Vajikarana Food )” etc can be prepared at home using the herbs which are easily available.
Here is the list of ayurvedic herbs which are administered as medicine for Impotence.
Ashwagandha – ayurvedic herb of choice for ED and PE:
This herb is also known by other names like winter cherry or Indian ginseng and ಅಶ್ವಗಂಧ in kannada. The aphrodisiac properties and health benefits of ashwagandha have been eulogised as follows by Ayurveda acharyas.
Ashwagandha is the best ayurvedic medicine for ED and PE. Usually roots of this herb is used for medicinal purpose. Cleaned and dried roots are powdered and then used to prepare ayurvedic formulations. Ashwagandha root powder can also be used along with milk for this condition. The herb Ashwagandha when processed with sesame oil can be used externally to massage penis and testicles ( Read Best ayurvedic massage oil for Erectile Dysfunction )
Ashwagandha helps to lower stress levels and calms mind. Stress free mind always boosts libido and sexual energy. Its anti inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation of tissues and rejuvenates male reproductive tissues.
Kapikacchu or Atma Gupta (Mucuna or Kevach) a herb for Impotence
Ayurvedic pharmacopeia recommends to use seeds of mucuna pruriens or kapikacchu for medicinal purpose. The medicinal properties and ayurvedic health benefits of Kapikacchu are praised as follows
Kapikacchu is the best aphrodisiac herb. It normalises vata dosha, boosts body strength and increases healthy weight. The seeds of this plant are eulogized as the best vrishya and vajikara that means which increase sexual functions in men. They help in conditions like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and low sperm count. This can be consumed both externally and internally.
Text books of Ayurveda Eulogise the medicinal properties of this herbs as follows.
The herb shatavari balances vitiated vata dosha and pitta. It boosts sexual function, maintains heart health, improves memory and boosts body strength (Know more about 2 Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Memory and Concentration). Acharya Bhava Prakasha describe this herb as “Shukrala”. Shukrala means the one which increases shukra dhatu in men. Increase in shukra dhatu helps in conditions like Erectile Dysfunction.
Gokshura or Tribulus a wonder herb for erectile dysfunction
Tribulus is known as gokshura in Ayurveda. This is a very well-known herb for body builders. Acharyas describe the health benefits of this herb as follows.
Tribulus or gokshura acts as body coolant and increases strength of muscles. Researches have shown that tribulus naturally increases male hormone testosterone, which strengthen the muscles. It boosts metabolism and body energy. Gokshura detoxifies urinary system and improves its function (Read Detox for erectile dysfunction ). Other benefits of gokshura is that it acts as a very effective aphrodisiac. Its property of boosting testosterone level help to increase erection, sperm count and sperm motility (How to Improve Sperm Motility? – An Ayurveda View ). Hence it has been included as an active ingredient in Ayurveda Vajikarana Therapy preparations. It increases libido and helps in rectifying male impotence.
Safed Musli or Sweta Musli
Health benefits of safed musli have been very well explained in Ayurveda as follows.
Musli is a very good aphrodisiac herb, it increases body strength, nourishes body and acts as a body coolant. The root is the plant part used for medicinal purposes. Root powder of safed musli mixed with milk is an excellent natural ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction.
The above mentioned 5 herbs are usually used as main ingredient in ayurvedic Vajikarana Preparations. These preparations help in men health conditions like impotence, low sperm count, low sperm motility and low semen volume. Vajikarana preparations when consumed improve body energy level and body rejuvenation.
VIDARIKANDA or PUERARIA TUBEROSA:
This ayurvedic herb reduces vata and normalizes kapha. Due to these properties shukra dhatu gets boosted and helps to increase hard erections, libido and sexual energy. Vidaarikanda rejuvenates male reproductive system and increases quality and quantity of semen.It also strengthens the body and boosts its immunity. This wonder herb acts as Rasayana and helps to slow down ageing process. Ayurveda acharyas recommend to include this herb in Vajikarana Therapy.
AMLA OR AMALAKI or Indian Gooseberry:
Amla acts as aphrodisiac and increases sperm count and motility. It helps to rejuvenate male reproductive system. Usually vitiation of tridoshas vitiate shukra dhatu. But amla alleviates tridoshas and specially normalizes pitta. Hence it is very useful in diseases which arise due to aggravation of tridoshas
GUDUCHI or Giloy ayurvedic medicine for Impotence:
Guduchi is a very good rasayana (adaptogen) and vajikara (aphrodisiac) herb. Its regular use helps to detoxify male reproductive system and rejuvenate it. Due to its adaptogenic and aphrodisiac properties giloy helps to increase sperm count, sperm motility and erection time to fight impotence.
KOKILAKSHA (Asteracantha Longifolia):
Seeds of this plant are very good aphrodisiac. Ayurveda acharyas recommend this herb in male infertility. The seeds effectively increase sperm count and sperm motility. Hence the conditions like low sperm count can be improved by use of this herb. The seeds of Kokilaksha are best herbal Ayurvedic Remedy for Erectile Dysfunction. The Erectile Dysfunction Capsule Rejuzoa from Moolika Ayurveda contains this herb.
Ayurvedic Tips for Erectile Dysfunction
- Consume herbal preparations to rejuvenate the reproductive organs.
- Massage whole body with herbal oil (made from sesame oil ( Ayurveda Health Benefits of Sesame Seeds and Oil) once in a week to get relief from exertion, stress and strengthen muscles. This process is known as abhyanga.
- Practice Yoga and Meditation to get rid of stress, anxiety and to maintain cool temper. Yogaasanas like Paschimottanasana, Kumbhakasana, Uttanapadasana., Naukasana, Dhanurasana help in overcoming erectile dysfunction. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/45277305_Yoga_in_Male_Sexual_Functioning_A_Noncompararive_Pilot_Study
- Get a good sleep of 8 hours at a stretch. You can also follow Ayurvedic Remedies, Medicines and Tips for Good Sleep
- Strictly say not to tobacco specially smoking (read relationship between smoking and erectile dysfunction in men) , recreational drugs and alcohol.
- Exercise daily for 45 minutes. Brisk walk is ideal for all ages. ( Read Benefits and Advantages of Daily Brisk Walking ). Exercises are known as vyaayaama in ayurveda.
- Follow dinacharya or ayurvedic daily routine and ritucharya or ayurvedic seasonal routine.
- Avoid hot , spicy, oily and junk foods. Do not include aerated drinks or processed foods in your diet.
- Regularly consume foods mentioned earlier in this article.
- Never forget to add two tea spoons of ghee in your daily diet.
- Give a gap of 5 days between two consecutive intercourse.
- The erectile dysfunction treatment in ayurveda involves strengthening the muscles and veins of penis by providing proper nourishment and massaging penis with ayurvedic oil.
Related Ayurveda Articles about Erectile Dysfunction
(Whats App Dr.Savitha Suri @+ 91 6360108663/ to know more about ayurvedic treatments and remedies )
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/