Many men suffer from constipation and erectile dysfunction together. This makes us to think “does constipation cause erectile dysfunction”? Does constipation affect ejaculation ? Are erectile problems are caused by constipation ? Researchers are yet to find an answer to this. But according to principles of ayurveda constipation does cause erectile dysfunction.
According to principles of ayurveda Apana vayu (one of the five types of vayu) is responsible for carrying the function of erection, ejaculation, urination and also eliminating stools or feces. When apana vayu is in balanced condition these functions take place normally. On contrary if apana vayu is imbalanced these body functions get affected. Vitiation or imbalance of apana vayu leads to erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and constipation.
What factors imbalance apanavayu to cause constipation?
All factors which vitiate or imbalance vayu also imbalance apana vayu leading to constipation. Dry foods, refrigerated foods and beverages, too much or too less physical activity, exposure to cold climates, stress, smoking (read Smoking and Erectile Dysfunction ), sleeping (Read Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Good Sleep ) in late night etc can vitiate or imbalance vata or vayu. This in turn imbalances apana vayu leading to erectile problems.
Imbalanced vayu disturbs agni or digestion. The principles of ayurveda lay much importance to digestive system, food we consume and digestion of this food. A good digestion helps to supply nutrients and energy to all tissues of body. Male reproductive system is not an exception to this. When the digestive system fails to work properly, our body tissues are deprived of essential nutrients and energy. When our body receives fewer amounts of nutrients due to improper digestion, it withholds nutrient supply to few body systems that are not necessary for a survival. The reproductive system is first to suffer from this because body considers it as not so important organ system to survive.
Hence lack of nutrients to reproductive system causes problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Keeping the digestive system healthy is the best ayurveda remedy for erectile dysfunction. Here are few tips to keep the digestive system healthy and keep constipation at bay.
Ayurvedic remedies for constipation to keep erectile dysfunction at bay
- Watch what you eat and how much you eat. Always eat healthy natural foods which you can digest easily. Healthy eating helps to flush out accumulated toxins. When toxins are expelled, our body rejuvenates fast with help of added antioxidants which are supplied through natural foods.
- Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet. Fruits like papaya (Read Papaya the Best Fruit for Diabetes ), banana (Read Ayurveda Medicinal properties of banana ), pomegranate (The Power Packed Pomegranate-An Ayurveda View ) , mango (Read Mango and Male Fertility–An Ayurveda View ) etc are very useful in both conditions. These supply lots of fiber which help in easy bowel movement.
- Use more of horse gram (Kulthi) (Read Horse Gram Health Benefits in Weight loss-Diabetes-Low sperm count ), green gram (Moong) and Urad Dal (Black gram)(Read Ayurveda Medicinal properties of Black gram - Vigna mungo-urad dal ) in your diet. These not only increase the bulk fecal matter but also act as best aphrodisiac.
- Restrict consumption of non vegetarian food if you are using them daily.
- Keep processed food, sweets, sugar at bay. These foods contain chemicals. Hence they slow down the digestion and lead to accumulation of toxins in body .These also cause constipation.
- Stay away from foods cooked in a lot of oil.
- Drink warm milk (Read Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Milk) with a tea spoon of ghee (Read Properties of ghee (Clarified butter) as described in Ayurveda) at night. If you are not comfortable with milk , it can be replaced by water. A glass of warm water with a tea spoon of ghee helps in a great way.
- Drink around 3 liters of water per day. Make it a habit to drink 7-8 glasses of warm water in between. ( 2 liters of normal water+1 liter of hot water)
- Exercise daily. A daily brisk walk for 45 minutes perday is very essential to get rid of constipation.(Read Benefits of Daily Brisk Walking )
- Avoid consuming purgatives frequently.
- Practice meditation to keep stress at bay.
- Most of all, eating right can help get rid of erectile problems caused by poor digestion and constipation.
- Once the balance of doshas is restored, the digestion gets normalized and the body begins to supply nutrients to all parts of body. This will of course restore erectile function to its previous state.
- Use herbs which help to balance vata and also act as aphrodisiac. Herbs like ashwagandha (Read Ashwagandha ksheerapaka – A natural food for erectile dysfunction ), safed musli (Read Ayurveda Medicinal Properties of Safed Musli ), shatavari (Health Benefits of Shatavari-An Ayurveda View ), gokshura (Read Ayurveda medicinal properties of tribulus terrestris ) etc help to balance vata and also act as aphrodisiac.
BUY ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AYURVEDIC REMEDY KITS
Email Us Go to Free consultations
Call us at + 91 6360108663/ +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911