Genital Herpes is a chronic viral infection which is affecting millions of people in world. It is an infection caused by herpes the herpes simplex virus which belongs to the same family of viruses that cause chicken pox. In aired few diseases and conditions which have close resemblance to chicken pox and genital herpes have been described. The cause and symptoms of genital herpes described by present day medical science are also described in classical books of ayurveda. Texts of ayureda recommend holistic treatment for genital herpes. These holistic cures help to overcome symptoms of this condition.
A comparative analysis of causes and symptoms of genital and oral herpes has been given here.
(Ref: Classical books of Ayurveda)
- Caused by virus called herpes simplex
- type1 – Usually causes oral herpes.
- type2 – Usually causes Genital herpes.
- Type 1 is caused by unprotected oral sex
- Genital herpes is almost always sexually transmitted.
|Causes (Diseases of genital organs)
- Overindulgence in sexual act.
- Having sex with diseased partner.
- Anal coitus.
- Improper genital hygiene. (Not washing genital organs properly after a sexual act or during bathing etc)
- Excessive exposure to sun
- Emotional stress
- Genital trauma and intercourse
- Repeated infections such as a cold or pneumonia
- Consuming salty, sour, hot and spicy foods.
- Excessive exposure to sun.
- Physical and mental exertion.
- Any injury to genital organs. Imbalanced doshas due to
- A rash, multiple painful sores, blisters, cuts, sores in or around the genital area
- Itching, burning, tingling, pain, swelling in or around the genital area
- Discharge from the penis or vagina.
- Flu-like symptoms such as headache, fever, and swollen glands (lymph nodes) in the groin.
- Urination associated with burning sensation
- Small eruptions which resemble horse gram. Pain, burning sensation and swelling of affected area.
- Discoloration of the skin.
- Pin pricking sensation,
- Patient feels as if ants are creeping on affected area.
- Severe pain and Constriction of affected skin
- Cracks may appear on affected skin.
- Body pain .
- Increased frequency of urination
- General weakness,
- Increased thirst
- Gastric irritation